On-line Donations Now Available!
You can donate using PayPal or credit card. Follow this link to our Donations page .
- Run Totals 9/25 – 10/01 - The following run numbers cover from Monday September 25th thru Sunday October 1st. Total calls 54 Medical Calls 47 Motor Vehicle Crash 3 Brush Fires 2 Fire Alarms 1 Other 1 Call Third party call for smoke coming from a roof / Unfounded
- Run Totals 9/18 – 9/24 - The following run totals cover from Monday September 18th thru Sunday September 24th. Total calls - 50 Medical Calls 38 Calls Motor Vehicle Crash's 10 Calls Car Fires 1 Call Brush Fires 1 Call
- OPEN HOUSE this Saturday - OPEN HOUSE, this Saturday after the Guinea Jubilee Parade until 430 PM at Station 2 in Bena. If you are interested in joining a Volunteer Fire and Rescue organization this as a perfect chance to see what the expectations are and what you want to get from the experience. We
- Raising the Commonwealth and United States flags on the Coleman Bridge - This morning, Abingdon Fire & Rescue was dispatched to the Coleman Bridge Tender for a medical emergency. After the patient was transported, Abingdon Volunteer ...Firefighters Paul McNeely and Matt Clark, along with Gloucester Sheriffs Deputy Jeff Bailey raised the Commonwealth and United States flags during sunrise. Photo Credit: Paul McNeely
- Run Totals from 9/11/17 to 9/17/17 - The following run totals cover from Monday 11th thru Sunday 17th. Total calls – 45 Medical Calls - 33 Motor Vehicle Crash - 9 Brush Fires - 1 Fire Alarms - 1 Other - 1 call for a camper on fire
- Busy Day 9/17/2017 - A busy day so far, 10 calls, starting about midnight with a medical call, a camper on fire at 430 am, 2 car accidents and more medical calls, then the debris piles. One of the medical calls was handled by Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad as a mutual aid
- Two Large Debris Piles on Fire 9/17/2017 - AVFR operating in the Guinea Neck portion of our district with 2 large debris piles on fire. 2 brush trucks an, engine and tanker were used to control the fire. A high tide crept in to help with control.
- Touch-A-Truck Event - Abingdon VFR will be at this event again this year. Come see some fire engines and other large vehicles. Fun for all ages.